Thursday, November 18, 2010

Pet Therapy

When I walked into class last week Thursday I was a little nervous about what exactly we were going to be doing.  I had heard of pet therapy used as a type of recreational therapy before but I never had anyone give a presentation about it.  I had no idea it was such a huge thing, especially in La Crosse.  It amazes me how dogs can handle going into different situation at different locations and behave excellently and not cause problems.  I am somewhat afraid of dogs, especially German Shepards, boxers, rottweilers etc.  I was so surprised to see the diversity of dogs that were in the programs!  I can tell how much it means to our presenters that they are able to participate in a program like this, especially when they were trying to tell a story and they had to stop because they were starting to tear up.  I think this is an excellent program if the client likes dogs and feels comfortable around them and if the dog is well trained, which I believe most of them are.  I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed the presentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment