Thursday, November 11, 2010

Goal Ball

I really enjoyed playing goal ball.  As a leader, I really wish more people would have participated in it because it was very fun and it is great adapted game for people who are blind.  I think this is a great sport for people with visual impairments who are still looking to compete in active games.  We weren't able to use an actual regulation size court, and I'm sure we would have struggled more with that since the court would have been wider.  The class members who did participate in the game really enjoyed it and it was interesting to have our own little debriefing session after.  We discussed the preparation time, including research as well as setting up the court, possible reasons why people didn't participate, and benefits of playing the game.  I'm really happy that we were able to show this awesome adapted game and have people see the benefits of playing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment